Call for artists
Wood be Nice calls artists from Romania, Bulgaria & Ukraine for the Neonlitic2 installation project
The second edition of the itinerant exhibition NeoNlitic, a project initiated by Wood Be Nice (http://woodbenice.ro) – a photography, installation, collage / mixed media and object design studio, proposes a complex showcase that reprises artworks pertaining to the Cucuteni and Hamangia cultures using up-cycled materials.
In 2020 the project will be far more extensive, crossing borders, with field researches on Neolithic civilizations in three countries – Romania, Bulgaria and Ukraine, followed by exhibitions in each territory, in an endeavor that brings together cultures with mutual origins.
NeoNlitic is in search of artists for the project (2 – 3 from each country) who activate in diverse fields: painting, sculpture, mixed media, art installations, object design, animation, video mapping etc.
The applicants must be over 18 years of age.There is no fee necessary if you are accepted as a participant in this project.
All aplplications must be set to email@example.com no later than August 30 2020.
If your files are bigger than 10 megabytes please uploaded them via wetransfer.com and send us the link. The application must include the following information:
- Artwork description for the project (maximum 3 artworks)
- Your portfolio in English
- CV in English
The artworks shouldn’t weigh more than 15 – 20 kilos and measure more than 1x1x2m (height). The artworks will remain in each creator’s property.
The artists will be provided the following
- Exposure in the NeoNlitic project
- Online and offline promotion
- Participation in three exhibitions (Romania, Bulgaria and Ukraine)
- Transportation of the artworks before each exhibition
- Accommodation for 1 – 2 nights during the exhibition in Bucharest
- Mihaela Ion PhD (RO) curator.
- Anca Spiridon (RO) cultural PR
- Daniel Loagar (RO) artist
- Ina Valentinova (BG) artist
- Evghenia Gritscu (UKR) artist
- Andrei Cornea (RO) artist